Helen Breeze has a dedicated Block & Estate Management team who will look after the day-to-day concerns which accompany owning, or being responsible for a block of flats or a large estate.
The role of a managing agent is a complex one and requires a professional approach. As an ARMA Associate we ensure we comply with the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code. This defines best practice in the sector.
Block management is the process of managing the communal areas of residential properties through the service charge. Managing a block of flats requires a professional approach which involves communication with the freeholder or Directors of the development and with contractors in respect of maintenance and repairs, insurance of the building and, cleaning and negotiating service contracts, estate staff, lighting and cleaning of common areas.
It also requires a good understanding of legislation and leasehold matters, preparation of service charge budgets and annual accounts, as well as routine inspections to check that the property is in good order.
A major part of a role in block management is ensuring that the landlord gets value for money for their service charge payments, and the building is maintained in accordance with the terms of the lease.
So why choose Helen Breeze for Block and Estate Management?
- We are a local company who have been managing properties for 30 years, within a 20 mile radius of Sevenoaks.
- Our locality offers regular site visits as well as being on hand when issues arise.
- Wherever possible we use local contractors that are tried, trusted and fully insured. We tender all contracts to ensure the best possible service at a competitive price.
- We ensure properties meet the current property legislation including, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and The Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
- Budget forecasting, long term maintenance planning and management of reserve funds are part of the service.
- Fully transparent fee structure.
- All staff attend regular training courses with ARMA (www.arma.org.uk) AND IRPM (www.irpm.org.uk) to ensure we are up to date with current legislation.
- We are a member of The Property Ombudsman (www.tpos.co.uk) and are fully insured with Professional Indemnity insurance.
To discuss your block and estate management requirements, and to arrange a site visit contact Julie (AIRPM) or Karen at Helen Breeze on 01732 740789 ext:212/213 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org